Wednesday, May 10, 2017

9th May

So my housemate gleefully showed me the military parade in the Red Square, Moscow. 72 years today, the Russian army defeated the enemy during WW2.
Today is also a meaningful day for me. I just completed Power Systems 4 exam, my last paper for the semester. It was really a pleasure learning from Dr M E F, who, as a guest lecturer from GCU, is most probably one of the best power lecturers in town. It was wonderful relearning power systems, fault current analysis, controls and generators. It’s the perfect postgraduate subject for someone from a power station.
Right after the exam, I headed to the library, and grabbed 2 books on South East Asia history (taboo in respective societies). Finally, the time has come to do some leisure reading.
Summer will be really exciting. I will have all the time in the world to the things I like, bar dissertation project, biosensor electronics and being a part time warden at the hostel. There are many seminars and workshops lining up.
The family is coming to at the end of the month, and I am looking at a short trip to Dubai in July (not sure if I could stand the heat).
There was no better way to end your semester with a bright and shining Glaswegian sun.
I’ve worked hard, and it feels good to have given my best shot.

The weather has been fantastic lately!

Like what Jurgen Klopp said after the Southampton game last Sunday, it’s not the end of the world. We should always continue working hard, and smart. 

0 comments: