Wednesday, September 9, 2015

9th September

Exactly 2 weeks from now, I would have experience my first day in a 2670 MW power plant 30 km from home.

But today, GT 12 had high vibration on Bearing 1 and 2, coupled with issues with the racheting, meant that we had to call off the Blackstart Test.
Fate?
I hope both my good GTs will continue performing in the future. These GE Frame 6b and Frame 5 had been really reliable, especially for the past 3 years.
But within this 2 weeks, I am looking at a mountain to climb.
CVC is in Perth from 18-20 September, and I’ve got 2 papers to present (slides are still in progress). Will return this Latitude E6410 back to KLPP, which leaves me without a recognizable notebook. For the first time in 5 years… To top-up the challenge, I am picked as one of the emcees for the CVC, and the IET President will be present.
So it’ll be a very brisk trip to Down Under.
And honestly, in contrast to what my colleagues are thinking, I am totally not in a correct frame of mind to start work in a new place. But I am sure I'll prep myself when I return from Perth on the 21st.
~~~
Meanwhile, I just came back from Beijing last week. PATW Asia Pacific Finals was a success. Beijing Office did a great job. Everyone did a great job!

All participants gave mesmerizing presentations (I was impressed) 
Peter was the winner. Congrats and good luck in London
Venue was Tsinghua University, Department of Foreign Language and Literature
 Beijing was pretty on lock-down due to the 3rd September Military Parade to commemorate the 70th anniversary of WW2.
But I still found black sesame ice-creams everywhere
And dim-sum
Managed to visit IET Beijing Office at Merchant Tower, Jianguo Rd.
Mutianyu was magnificent

Time awaits for no man, and no man is an island. It's time to move on. Let's do it.

0 comments: