Friday, July 29, 2011

Aftermath - Cambodia

I just had my Advanced Maths test.

Had to mug my books since coming back on Wednesday.

Luckily, the test was fine.

But to my amazement, I actually feel quite refreshed and rejuvenated after spending 8 days in Cambodia. It just proves how much I needed a breakway from my routine life!

But for the time being, I can't blog about my entire trip.

I've lots of work to follow (after abandoning work for 1 week plus).

Finals is in 2 weeks time.

Still, I'd want to share some photos I took.

Skulls from Tuol Sleng - Cambodia's darkest hours (of Khmer Rouge)

Of course there're many fantastic places in Phnom Penh.

Wat Phnom

Independent Monument

I was also in Kratie, where I ride almost 90km to some temples along the Irrawady river-line.

Looked more like a terrorist?

Simple food (Maggi goreng again)

I was also shook by the sad condition of downtown Kratie. To be honest, this is the first time I've been to such slump...

Dirty, dusty, smelly, and so so life-less

I had a 10-hour ride from Kratie to Siem Reap.

Skuon - A cowboy-town connecting Kratie to Siem Reap

To be honest, I was quite glad to reach Siem Reap.

Sunrise @ Angkor Wat

Luckily, I had plenty of time to explore, and wasn't "templed out".


Angkor Wat from a-far (Bakheng temple)

My friends with their fantastic tuk-tuk driver - Sophea

Sunset at the Irrawady Delta, Kratie

Actually, a lot happened during the 8 days I was in Cambodia. Will try to blog about my trip when I've the time~

0 comments: