Friday, September 18, 2009

Michael who???

So my holiday starts after I settled my Power E presentation this morning.

And I was browsing thru Liverpool FC's website and I found a few nice pictures, from their last match against Debrecen, champions of the Hungary football league.

Starting 11

But take a look at Liverpool's current red-hot striker - Fernando Torres.

He scores when he strikes the ball like this:

The best striker in the world

For me, that is a perfect photo shot!

But the next one brings back something more... Something only people around my age and have same interest as me, will know...

Michael who?

The FREE new Man Utd no. 7

More than 7 years ago, when I started getting crazy over football, Michael Owen was the player to watch.

He single handed-ly won the FA Cup in 2001, against an Arsenal side oozing players like Henry, Pires, Vieira, Ljungberg....



But a wrong decision ruined everything

And now he is warming up the bench at Man Utd. While our Stevie G is heading for the Liverpool Legends list! (Notice at the end of video that Gerard, who was wearing no.17 jersey, during the trophy presenting ceremony, was just standing aside with the others, compared to Owen!)

Sometimes hard work and patience pays...

I'll take my opportunity when it comes.

Ps: I'll spend my Raya break in KL. Got much catch-up to do... Anyone has any plans???

4 comments:

Ivan said...

wow... i really miss Ljungberg's red hair... it was stunning...

cruSadER said...

But serious speaking, I miss Michael Owen the most... We used to worship him right?

Remember the day in Thailand, during form 2, we were considering whether to buy that Liverpool jersey, with Owen's name on in for RM 30.00... Until today i regret we din buy!

It's been a long time ya.

Time flies~

Ivan said...

really true... maybe we was too young then... RM30 sounds a lot to us... thinking in retrospect , i would have bought it without any hesitation...

cruSadER said...

Yup....

Michael owen scoring the winner for man utd against man city last nite!!! In the 95th minute!