Friday, July 24, 2009

Gunung Tahan (7 - 14 August)???

Just came back and had a nap after catching Transformers 2. (Am I the last person to watch it?) Was a cool movie...

It's a typical hot hot day, but I felt the heat more intense when I checked my mail!

Kelab Kembara Uniten (My uni's expedition and hiking club) is planning a 1-week 35 pax expedition trip there!!!

Gunung Tahan has so far eluded me...


All in expenditure is RM 250, which includes transport, food, stay, tour guide, equipment and gears... (Which I think is very reasonble)

Check out http://kembararekreasi.multiply.com/ for more info.

And so now the problem and dilemma comes... In the midst of many many assignments and projects, this up coming 1 week mid-term break would be quite important and useful. Especially my FYP... Really need to put in some time and effort...

But on the other hand, it's natural that I add Gunung Tahan (the highest peak in Peninsular Malaysia - 3900m) to my list of mountains conquered before I hang up my hiking boots. It's dubted the most difficult and challenging mountain by my then officer - Mr Tey SW.

Yes, a few folds harder and more dangerous than Mt Kinabalu, which I climbed early this month.

It's located around Taman Negara, our country's primary-reserved national park...

I've not quite been to our National Park before... ( Besides Endau Rompin National Park)

And remember, it's not easy organizing this kind of expedition... Seriously... The dudes in Kelab Kembara are doing a fantastic job organizing it!

HHHHAAAAIZZZZ....

Should I go?

4 comments:

PiNgYeW ^^ said...

thk it, do it!!!
once it over, do not regret about it!! hahaha..

not trying to affect u, but my opinion is 'we are spending 2 long sems + a month holiday for fyp..a week of hiking, TIS IS WAT o? lolx..

gud luck!

cruSadER said...

Haha...
Thx man...

Anonymous said...

Great website, looks very clean and organized. Keep up the good work! antibacterial Read a useful article about tramadol tramadol

Anonymous said...

Great website, looks very clean and organized. Keep up the good work! antibacterial Read a useful article about tramadol tramadol