Saturday, June 13, 2009

Riding in the Rain

It has been a long time since I rode my bike in the rain…

It was a feeling that had eluded me for a long time.

At an instance, I reminisced the days I stayed in campus, the days I ride my bike to class every morning without fail regardless of rain or shine, or riding to the nearest Commuter Station (Serdang Station) to get myself to KL, the days where life was much simpler.

Nowadays I touch my bike like once in 3 weeks.

And that’s only when I go out for lunch or dinner, when I am alone at home, to some nearby food outlets.

It has been raining the whole day…

I went out for dinner when the sky was clear after the whole day’s downpour. To be honest I welcomed it as the haze has been torturing my nostrils for the pass few days.

I reluctantly declined to join Cheun Hang, Karen and co for Satay Kajang and (some bling bling at) Laundry Bar, The Curve tonight in order to do my presentation slides. Next Friday, I am supposed to give a presentation on my internship to my GM and colleagues at GSP. To say that I am unworried will be a lie. I had to buck up after spending the whole day doing nothing.

Frankly, I can’t find the motivation and confidence that once brought me far. Some things are unexplainable…

On the way back after dinner, I was really surprise to get caught in a heavy rain... Had to stop at a petrol station nearby to put on my rain coat.

I was totally wet… Inside out.

I allowed myself to travel down memory lane. Flashing back at things that happened, that passed me by.

Time flies... It has been a long time.

The feeling of riding in the rain, seems so familiar, yet so far away…

After the rain - A shot from my Canon IXUS 85 IS

5 comments:

jienhau said...

Don't fall sick after riding in the rain.. take care~

cruSadER said...

Thanks man! U take care too! Let's work hard for the presentation...

Ivan said...

All the best dude... its normal to feel demotivated, but do remember that the highest peak would only be reachable after you pass the deepest valley... :D

cruSadER said...

Thanks mate.

hiew10y said...

Oi.. remember to wear raincoat la!! good luck in ur presentation