Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Not very lucky

Last week, an Air Aisa flight ticket to Kota Kinabalu was just RM 220 net (RM 79 - RM 79 plus tax) for promotion price.

Yesterday, I was trying to get my hands on the 3 (already hiked) promotion air ticket by Air Asia yesterday – To and fro Kota Kinabalu for RM 280 net (RM 79 – RM 124). But my dad’s credit card didn’t apply for its secure code, as he never uses his card for online transaction...

So I went all the way down to LCCT (Low Cost Carrier Terminal) after work, about 20 km from my work place in Kuala Langat. Well, the “counter rates” were with no promotion rates – Goes up to RM 310 (RM 124 – RM 124)...Forget it. Thought I would buy those today, by using a friend’s credit card...

A little disappointed, I went back to my car (which I park by the road side) only to see the first police summon given to me in my whole life, clipped on my wind screen! I parked my car along the departure road way, which a lot of people did in order to wait for passengers arriving... The whole row of cars was compounded of course... I only left for 25 minutes... And I am slapped with a fine... And I didn’t manage to buy my tickets. And I was already quite hungry.

The last time I did something like that was in KLIA, went to fetch my senior last month. Nothing happened of course...

The worst wasn’t here yet. This morning when I logged on to Air Asia’s website, only to see that the promotion price of (RM 79 – RM124) is gone!!! Which means a return air ticket to KK now cost RM 330 (food included)!!!


Compared to RM 220 last week... Cry lo...

Without second thought I did some survey with MAS.

First time fly MAS

So MAS ticket price is somewhere the same... So we decided to fly MAS, since "They have confirmed the best price for our journey at the MHlow fare". And MAS got more prettier air-stewardess!

Of course for the lowest MAS fare air ticket, we can't choose our seats, can't be late, and cannot change the flight time. So I am keeping my fingers crossed that no last minute incidents will pop up.

1st step already over-budget

Only a few days late, the (Air Asia) air ticket took a huge 100 bucks leap! It's an expensive lesson... Hope it won't happen again. At least, I know more about purchasing air tickets online.

It won't dent my determination to climb Mount Kinabalu. It's every expedition-goer's dream to conquer the highest peak in South East Aisa! I longed for it after being conned by Mr. Paul Juby in form 2 during my days in the Boys' Brigade (right Atlantiz???). He promised to bring my whole company there. But he went missing after that!

However...

My first pay check amount doesn't look convincing enough!

We are also joining water rafting at Kiulu, on 3/7/09. Heard that it's really nice. So my total budget (include MAS flight) should reach 1k. Going to be broke soon lar...

Normal days, I don't really spend besides necessities. But when it comes to things like outdoor activities like this, it's a go ahead without regret!

Ps: Sorry for my friends who can't join in. Actually thought you could illegally join in and "sleep on the floor". But the agent only have 3 places... That's it... Next time we organize again?

4 comments:

Xu Shen said...

Have fun man !

cruSadER said...

U have fun in NZ too!!!

Anonymous said...

MAS doesn't have prettier air stewardesses ... it's just that Air Asia stewardesses ... sometimes use freaky looking make-up! HAHAHAHAAHHA!

cruSadER said...

Haha... really?

alrite, i'll check out and let u know!!!

Thx for dropping by...