Wednesday, April 22, 2009

The days at a power plant

It’s the third week of working life. So far so good...

Can’t really have a definite answer whether I enjoy it or not. But one thing’s for sure, I do nothing besides work, eat and sleep! Sleep like 9 hours a day??? Seriously, I really have nothing much to do after work...

At last, I resume my career of playing football in my PC - FIFA 2009... Can use mouse to control!

The pantry is where I whack lots of mini-chipsmore!

There were a lot of things to see and learn.

The Langat River, where we take water and treat it, to generate steam

Now only I realize why seniors tell me to enjoy campus and study life. I hope it’s not too late though. When we work, as for me in a power plant like this, we are accountable and responsible for everything we do. As this will at the end effect the company’s income as a whole. No wonder all the engineers here are a little tensed up at times. Handling big machineries, and with high voltage travelling above you, this is not child’s play.

Technicality is quite important working here. People prefer to talk up a whole lot of theories and relate it to what’s going on around. This is when our studies come into the frame. Well, they expect you to know the basics, discuss and apply it.

Cool?

And I realize that a certificate is not really just a piece of paper anymore. My supervisor, Mr. Wong has been here for 4.5 years. He wears the company corporate shirt and has the title ECI Engineer. While some of his technicians like Md Nor (supervisor), (I normally hang out with Panjang, Ramesh, Naga...) are in this company for more than 12 years! And they still report to him.

No wonder dad tells me his frustrations of working under someone less experience but with higher qualification. It’s reality.

This few days were more of relax at Plant A, having just to “see” stuffs like maintenance for transformer, testing oil samples. I just came back from the transformer site, where the Test Man and maintenance vendor stopped their work for lunch. It was just like in Power System class, calculating all currents, PF, protection insulation, surge...

I actually climb up transformer GS T3, which was shut down for a 2-years-once maintenance.

Those are bases running at 275 KV when in power

Sometimes I still feel that I am not really up to the challenges in front of me. I am still not confident in myself, which is a little weird to say. But it's true. Maybe I was really knocked out of form.

Nevertheless, I am trying very hard to get back to "form". I know I have the ability. I just have to keep on working hard, stay positive and be optimistic. One day, I'll be the "Me" that believes that nothing is impossible.

Dawn at Kuala Langat, out of my apartment

At 6pm later, I'll play futsal with my colleagues, again, as part of the training for the competition this Saturday. Yup, the event that force my Ipoh trip to be postpned...

Ps: Due to the P&C conditions and company's interest, I can't really share out pictures at the site. Take care mates!

2 comments:

hiew10y said...

Oi!!! plant can simply take photo like that de ar??

cruSadER said...

haha...

that's the max i can go...

No more edy...