Saturday, October 4, 2008

A leader

What makes a good leader? What’s the main characteristic of a good leader? Are leaders born, or are they trained?


Actually I don’t really know the answer…


Basically there are few types of leaders. We should be able to judge ourselves, from our country's not-so-well decorated political scene. Mahathir, Pak Lah, Najib, Anwar, Sammy Velu, Wan Azizah, Ong Ka Ting, or even Lim Kit Siang…. There is no absolute aswer, I guess…


I believe I’ve been someone like (sad to say) Pak Lah and Ong Ka Ting… Of course I am no where near their ability! But I somehow prefer to be an approachable person, or a group mate… I do not believe in being extremely outspoken or aggressive (although I think I can lar...). I believe in being frank and holding on to promises... I would like to portrait as someone who is calm and steady. I thought trust and reliability are very important elements in man-management and human capital... I used to emphsize on team work and motivation in groups, despite being frank to each other. But I am begining to doubt the effectiveness of running teams like that... Sometimes we do have to change ourselves, rather being changed by others... Sometimes, we've to just have to play the role the smart way...


Pak Lah and Ka Ting are leaders choosen by Malaysians, and I know this two leaders of our time hasn’t have the best results to show to all us… But somehow (which I don’t understand), I feel for them, especially Ong Ka Ting…


As MCA President, he had always put party above self… The first bold move was to set a new party rule whereby every president has only maximum 3 terms as president (Almost unheard of in Malaysia)… You can argue that a longer periond in office enables someone to perform better... Look at MIC’s Uncle Sam lar, and you’ll see the difference… Responsibility and ability wise, he is a typical patriot for all of us… Well, of course there are many good reasons why he was voted to the top by Ling Liong Sik and co… And I thought it was a correct decision… I wouldn’t trade him for anyone else.


At least he didn’t get himself in some sex scandals or so… Rejecting a cabinet post was a responsible act after the Mac 8 wave… I somehow just favor his way in doing things… But again, if there are no results to show, there is no point right?


So MCA will have their presidential election coming up soon… Lots of news, and tabloids are in town at the moment… I just hope that the right one gets up there and to a good job, for all Malaysians…


What about Stevie G? Well his is a leader alright... His thunderous freekick in the win over PSV was his 100th goal for the club - his 28th in Europe - and makes him only the 16th player to hit a ton for Liverpool.

So the Raya break has almost come to an end... I did nothing though... and I am going to have a hard time finishing all the assignments and preparing for Microp and Power System Test...



2 comments:

Xu shen said...

perhaps his biggest mistake he made is to put his party and thus , his own above all else.

A party that doesn't work for the people will undoubtedly fade into history in the end...

AL said...

Interesting post.

Will feature your post in our website: http://mylivingwall.com and link our readers to your blog.

All the best!

mylivingwall.com